Ergonomic furniture is absolutely needed for the people of banks to balance their Work Life.
Banking industry is a rapidly changing, revision in guidelines, addition of regulations, processes and laws. It is day by day becoming challenging for an employee to cope up with the standards.
The expectation from a banker is too high that they do an error-free job with a hundred percent accuracy. Is this for real, is a banker not a human or he or she don’t have their personal life? The burden need to be reduced from their head of working with perfection. It is not a proposal of reducing their work or responsibilities, neither here does the author means that mistakes should be accepted as an exception. But, this burden can be reduced by external factors and one such tested factor is “Ergonomic Furniture”.
Ergonomic furniture is gaining the popularity with the services it offer. It is not just furniture, but specifically designed furniture to provide comfort and convenience to the user. It is designed as per the study done on human body.
Ergonomic furniture is scientifically designed to support the lower back so that the natural ‘S’ shape is maintained. In addition, it also gives support to neck, shoulder, head, arms and legs. The user feels easy while working on it and is able to focus better on his or her work. The user can find more space at the work area and peace. He or she can then work with efficiency, better performance and this will add to personal growth as well as organizational growth. It will improve the work rate and will increase the profit. It becomes the organization’s responsibility to provide the team with the healthiest workspace which would also result in business growth.
Common Ergonomically designed products are Office chair, adjustable desk for home office, and Monitor risers.
Let us understand the need of Ergonomic furniture better in banking industry.
Banking has become a part of everyone’s life. We have our personal banker or some of our known working in a bank. We are always in need of them for financial advice, transaction details, investment, loan, or to open a bank account.
People in the banking industry are struggling to meet daily targets, to do an error-free job, in meeting seniors’ expectations, and in satisfying customers. They have to sit on weekends and also late at night on month-end (the target completion date) days to help the business vertical. Not only is this banking job full of risk as money is involved. Any entry of excess funds transferred, or short charges collected, etc. leads to a warning letter. With tremendous efforts and hard work, the job of an employee is insecure and so they also lose their loyalty towards the organization.
The situation of the banking industry can be analyzed better in the below points:
- Competition: High level of competition and easier it is becoming for a customer to switch his or her bank.
- Regulations and Byelaws: Frequent changes in the regulations and bye-laws of the banking industry and non-compilation result in a heavy penalty.
- Digitalization: Digitalisation in the banking industry or e-Banking (Electronic Banking) is challenging for employees as they have to engage their customers and bring them on this platform. Not only this in case of any update or change they need to keep their customers informed and assist them on any entry done by them erroneously.
- Customer Satisfaction: Meeting the expectations of customers is adding to the struggle of a banker. Convincing customer of the charges, Loan’s rate of interest, cross-sell of other products, credit card penalty, etc.
- Business Growth: A banker has to contribute to the growth of business along with the assigned job.
- Meeting TAT: Completion of work Turn Around Time (TAT) as defined by the organization.
Can Ergonomic Furniture Benefit People in the Banking Industry
Let us find out that how Ergonomic furniture can benefit people working in the banking industry:
- Healthy Lifestyle: Ergonomic furniture helps in maintaining a good body posture, provides support to the lumbar, neck, arms, shoulders, and legs. It relaxes the muscles and enhances the natural movement of the body. It keeps the energy level high of employees and lets them work with effectiveness. It also helps in avoiding the risk of serious diseases like arthritis, obesity, etc. Not only physically, but it also helps in giving rest to the mind of an employee.
- Easy to Communicate: Ergonomic furniture will help a banker communicate better with his or her team, customers, and seniors. This helps in taking quick decisions and therefore helps in avoiding delays in taking actions.
With the introduction of Ergonomic meeting pods or booths, it has become easier for an employee to find a place where without interference discussions can be done.
- Better Performance: Ergonomic furniture with comfort lets an employee focus better on his or her job and this will make him perform better. Ultimately higher efficiency and extra time banker can invest in some other productive areas or in answering customer queries.
- Meeting Goals: Ergonomic furniture can help a banker in meeting personal as well as professional goals.
- Loyalty towards Organisation: When a bank would invest in an employee’s health, then in return employee will also become loyal towards his organization. He or she will serve with all hard work, energy, and positivity.
Bank to thrive in the current state and to assist its people in the situation of stress, workload and competition, should transform its workspace with Ergonomic furniture.
Keeping bankers happy will in return benefit banks too!