Steps to recover a Gmail account without a phone number:
- First, you need to go to the official Google account password recovery page that is
- Then you need to enter your Google email in the email text box. Click Next”.
- Enter the last password you remember in the text box.
- Click on the “try another way” option.
- Then choose and click the option “I don’t have my phone number”
- You will then receive the code at your alternate email address, sent by Google. This email address is the email you provided when you created your Google account. Click the “Submit” button.
- It’s time to verify your email address to see that verification code, you will need to enter that code in the required text box.
- After entering a code, click the “Next” button.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on your screen, and then you will be redirected to the Google account recovery page.
- Then, you will be asked to choose a new Google account password. Enter a new password twice in those particular text boxes.
- Now you can log into your Google account with a new password and conveniently access all Google services.
What is the Google account recovery process on Android?
- Take your phone and go to the Google account recovery page, with the help of a web browser.
- When the recovery page for your Google account is open, you will see the email id and password field.
- Enter username and password to log in, but if you can’t remember your correct password, you need to click “Forget password” in the password field below.
- They will ask you to confirm the verification OTP code via the phone number.
Again they will ask you by which method you want to get a code via SMS or call. You must choose one of the options given. One thing is to ensure that your phone network responds at once because without a network you will not receive calls or SMS regarding the verification code.
Recover Gmail account using smartphone
If you are using the same account on your smartphone, but you don’t know the password, you can use the smartphone to reset the password. You will not be able to change the password on your smartphone until you enter the current password, which you do not remember. That is why it is recommended that you reset the password with the help of your smartphone.
Let’s see the steps.
- First, you need to open the Gmail account in a browser and enter your Gmail user ID and hit Next.
- Now, you need to click on the I forgot my password link located just below the password field.
- Enter the last password you remember or click the “Try another way” link.
- Now, you will be directed to a page titled “Reset password with your device.”
- Your smartphone must be connected to the internet, open it and click the Yes button from the Google recovery notification.
- And then tap the same number that appears in the desktop recovery session.
- Once it is confirmed that you are trying to recover your account, the desktop session will be redirected to enter the new password for the account.
- Enter the new password and confirm it, click the Continue button to save the password.
How to reset your Gmail password and create a new one
1. Go to the Gmail login screen on your device and enter the name of the account you need to recover.
2. When prompted to enter your password, press the phrase “Forgot your password?” in blue below.
3. If you can, enter the last password that you remember using with your Gmail account. Gmail does this just in case you haven’t forgotten your password.
4. Depending on whether you have a phone connected to your Google account, Google may automatically send a notification to your phone; Pressing “Yes” on this notification will allow Google to reset your password.
5. If you have set up a recovery phone number with this account or another account attached to it, Gmail will give you the option of sending a text message or calling that number which contains a code that you can use to confirm your identity.
6. If you have another email associated with this as a recovery email, Google will give you the option to have a recovery code sent to that email. If that method is right for you, click “Submit” and then proceed to step six.
7. Enter the code that was sent to your recovery phone or email address.
8. Gmail will now ask you to select a new password. Try to choose something that you won’t easily forget, or write it down in a safe place so you can see it next time and avoid this hassle.