Food photography is a form of photography used to create visually appealing food photographs. A commercial photographer whose photographs appeared in advertisements, publications, packaging, menus, and cookbooks is known as a commercial photographer. The food stylist’s purpose is to make the food seem appealing in the final shot. The stylist’s time and effort in precisely and beautifully arranging the food are due to variations in how the stylist displays it and how a home cook or chef may. Visual skills are also required, as is the ability to transform one’s impression of taste, fragrance, and attractiveness from a three-dimensional dish to a two-dimensional image. Professional food photography usually includes an art director, a photographer, a food stylist, a prop stylist, and their assistants. Shooting food is more difficult than it appears. And this is something that can only be developed with a lot of practice. Studio Pearl is a team of professional food stylists and food photographer in Gurgaon area, India. They specialize in a variety of areas, including food, product, wedding, pre-wedding concept, corporate photography, and more.
Here are some common food photography problems faced by the photographers :
- When your photographs are blurry: Camera shaking is the cause of blurry photographs.
- Hold your camera steadier.
- Use a tripod with a remote to keep your camera completely still while you are shooting.
- Use a faster shutter speed, which will require opening up your exposure time and moving to a brighter location.
- Increase your ISO to reduce the amount of light required.
- When the shades you choose aren’t accurate. If your plate of food appears to be too blue, yellow, pink, or green and when you’re editing your images, utilize the white balance controls in your program to correct it. When the white balance is properly adjusted, colours will bring spring to life. You will be able to modify colour balance more easily later if you shoot in raw format.
- When your images don’t have the same spark as professional food photography. Food photographers with a lot of experience utilize lenses that allow them to focus on the subject of the shot by reducing the depth of field. Then they utilize picture editing software to adjust the contrast, brightness, and sharpness of their images. A few little adjustments may sometimes make a shot truly stand out.
Tips to fix common food photography problems :
- It’s all about the light in photography. For beginners, the greatest advice is to become aware of the strength of the light and how it reflects off the food, and then learn to adapt accordingly.
- Photographs should be taken in natural light. Avoid utilizing overhead lights, lamps, or the built-in flash on your camera.
- To find the ideal light source, move around. Don’t limit yourself to taking pictures in your kitchen only. Perhaps the morning light is the finest in many other places of the house.
- It’s a good idea to shoot photos from a range of angles. Some meals, such as pizza, appear better when viewed from above, while burgers appear better when viewed from the side, and alcohol shots are great when viewed from a 45-degree angle. Many best photographer in Gurgaon advise you to walk around the plate and capture photographs from several angles so that you may pick the best afterward.
- It is recommended to keep the clutter to a minimum. If the spoon, napkin, or crowded backdrop doesn’t add to the picture, it’s better to take it away from the picture background. It is important to concentrate on the most crucial details, but should not get so close that viewers can’t determine what the dish is.
Lenses preferred by the photographer for food Photography :
- Compact fixed lenses are preferred by a professional photographer in Gurgaon.
- Fixed lenses don’t zoom in or out, so the photographers have to physically walk closer or farther away from the subject to get a good shot.
- Fixed lenses are preferred by photographers because they are smaller, less expensive, and quicker than zoom lenses.
- They frequently provide bigger openings, giving them more control over the depth of field and more shooting versatility.
These are some of the common food photography problems and the tips to fix these problems. Studio Pearl is known as one of the best food photographers and they are also one of the renowned and top wedding photographers in Gurgaon.